P.P. Shri Vasudevanand Saraswati (Tembe) Swami Maharaj Prabodhini
At a gathering of the representatives of the Datta Institutions from all over India, on 19th October 2002, P.P. Shri Vasudevanand Saraswati (Tembe) Swami Maharaj Prabodhini, was established with the aim of reviving the memory of the holy life of Shri Vasudevanand Saraswati (Tembe) Swami Maharaj, spreading his message and propagating his sacred works, at Garudeshwar, the seat of Swamiji's Samadhi. Following objectives were formulated in the light of guidelines by Swamiji's major disciple Ygiraj Shri Vamanrao Gulavani Maharaj.
A. Objectives of Prabodhini
1. Publication of the works of Shri Swami Maharaj.
2.Translation of his works into various Indian languages and into English.
3.Dissemination of these works through computer, internet and other media.
4.Encouraging the study and research of Swamijis literature and inclusion of the same into the school and college curricula.
5.Association of more and more institutions under the Datta tradition and fostering cooperation amongst these.
6.Development of memorials at the places of Swamiji's Chaturmaas and provision of facilities of regular worship and dissemination of Swamiji's literature at these.
B. Work thus far accomplished by the grace of Shri Swami Maharaj
1. Practically the entire works of Shri Swami Maharaj are now available in the form of books, CD-ROM and internet site.
2. Many of these works have been translated into Marathi and Gujrathi languages.
3. Hindi translation of Shri Gurucharitam (Dwisāhasri) has recently been published.
4. Shri Gurucharitam (Dwisāhasri) and Shri Gurusanhita (Samashloki) are available in Telugu script.
5. An internet site has been established in Hindi and English labguages,wherein the life and works of Shri Swami Maharaj have been made avaialable along with Prashnavali. (www.swamidham.org; www.shrivasudevanandsaraswati.com; www.tembeswami.org). This site is being increasingly accessed by students and devotees from India and abroad.
6. While some of the places of Swamiki's Chaturmaas already have memorials with regular services, establisnment of these has been undertaken recently at Havanur, Pavani and Muktyala.
7. Translation of Shri Krishnalahari and Dattapurana have been undertaken.
C. Future plans
1. Translations of Shri Swamiji's works into different Indian languages and English.
2. The present website neeeds to be developed further to make it a common platform for publicizing the activities of all affiliated Datta Sansthans, and to provide an outlet for books, CDs and other relaed materials produced by these.
3. Communications with and amongst various Datta institutions needs to be established and maintained actively through the establishments of memorials at the places of Chaturmaas of Shri Swami Maharaj..
D. An Appeal to the devotees of Shri Swami Maharaj
The onus of keeping alive this flame of divine knowledge ignited by the dedicated spiritual endeavour of Shri Swami Maharaj rests on us, the devotees and followers of his tradition. What better service can we render to the holy memory of this legendary saint? Only ouir collective efforts and contributions can help spread the light of this flame all over the world for ages to come. By the grace of Shri Maharaj this golden opportunity serve him has been presented to us. Cherishing this dedication in our hearts, we should try and spare as much as possible of our earnings for this cause.
We sincerely appeal to you to send your financial contributions to
P.P. Shri Vasudevanand Saraswati (Tembe) Swami Maharaj Prabodhini.
A . D92, Pavandham Society, Samata-Laxmapura Road, Vadodara 390021, Gujarat.
B. Shri Vasudev Nivas, 63/17, Karve Road, Pune 411004, Maharashtra
Donors of sums of Rs.11000/- or more will become Patrons of the Prabodhini while those donating Rs.5000/- will become Life Members.
Lastly we seek the blessings of Lord Dattatreya to nurture the dedication in the hearts of the devotees of Swami Maharaj and inspire them to be diligent in advancing the mission of Shri Swami Maharaj and spreading his message far and wide!
Avadhut-Chintan Shri Gurudev Datta!